Wednesday, July 4, 2012

in which I decide I would like to blog more often

Even if I feel I have nothing to say. I can talk about writing, current knitting/crochet projects, my poor garden, even the fact that I really do want to get my Etsy shop up and running one if these days.
Of course, I always think that, every time I visit my cousins. Two of them run the pretty darn successful Quiet Mischief and Co., and watching them work and have goals and actually make a living off Etsy always inspires me. Usually for only about three days, or so, but I really would like to actually do it this time. Even if it means dealing with being a business, and taxes and shipping and having to build my customer base from scratch.




What else is going on? Well, I'm signed up to pass out a story tomorrow in my writing group, and though I wrote several during May, I don't feel any sort of hallelujah chorus about any particular one to polish a bit and send through the group. Also, because I wrote them using several formats, notebooks and phone programs in addition to my computer, I'm not actually sure exactly how many I did write, or where they all might be. Stellar organization skills, that's me.

The other complication is, I'm not quite sure when I'll find the time to do anything with it. I'm staying at my cousin's until tonight, when I'll be driving home at likely three in the morning, meaning that after actually getting some sleep I doubt I'll have time to do anything but print it tomorrow. And I'll be out of the house most of the day today, because it's the fourth and we always hang out on a particular hill all day, waiting for fireworks come evening. Since my laptop has laughable battery life, without an outlet, my writing plans are somewhat sunk.

Hopefully I can wake up early enough on Thursday to edit a story before we have to leave for writers' group. Though with how late I'll have to be driving home, I might be lucky to wake up in time to leave at all!


--
Listening to: Do It With a Rockstar - Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra. I'm pretty excited about this new album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!