Friday, July 6, 2012

start of july goals recap: take that, mid-may!


Rewrite (at least) one of my novels.
Well, I didn't get it done in June, but I have been working on rewriting Clockwork. I polished my first scene up nicely before realizing I should probably be editing for story before doing line edits. So I'm in the process of summarizing all my chapters and scenes on notecards to try and get an idea of the shape of the story. It's hard because the only way to get better at rewriting is more rewriting, which you don't have a clue how to do unless you've done some rewriting. . . .

Finish my fanfic.
No work on this front lately.

Weekly Artist Dates/walk more often.
Does the trip to the porta-potties that turned into an unexpected 2.5 mile excursion on the 4th count?

Design a large knitting pattern.
No work on this front lately.

Stock my etsy shop, and keep it that way.
Well, I got my EIN so I can open a checking account and paypal for my business, made a twitter, updated my website, and started making wings again. Nothing actually in the shop yet, but my goal is to get things there by the end of July.

Blog more often. And manage my online presence.
Hey, look, I'm blogging right now!

Clean the house.
A few weekends ago, Rowan, my cousin Melissa, and I totally cleaned the office. 10+ hours of work, many a garbage bag, and now I can actually turn my chair without having junk avalanche on me! It's not completely clean yet, but it's actually usable by four people comfortably for the first time in years. I am so very pleased with this. Our next goal is the kitchen/first room of the basement, so we can get a washer and drier.




Y'know how I said things don't avalanche anymore? As I wrote this, the set of plastic drawers next to my desk that Willow was sitting on randomly fell and attacked me. Thankfully, I caught her without claws extended, and perched her on my shoulder as I set them back up. She's now happily curled up on my bathrobe again. Since she was sleeping when it happened, I have no clue why they tipped over. I blame poltergeists. 


--
Listening to: Meine Seele Brennt by Subway to Sally. This band makes pretty awesome music, both for background as I work and for actually listening to. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!