Wednesday, July 11, 2012

in which I watched a ton of movies while on the clock

One really nice thing about the work I've been doing for my etsy shop lately is the amount of Netflix I get to watch, guilt free. I need something to do while I knit and crochet, after all. My viewing history of last night/this morning reads as follows:


Two episodes of How It's Made


Matilda, since I love that movie and my cousin wanted a not-horror movie.

The Secret of Moonacre, to follow the loosely based on children's books theme, which had the added perk of Tim Curry.

Ferngully, for nostalgia and another dose of Tim Curry.

The Decoy Bride, because David Tennant (and besides some really contrived character/romantic development, this turned out to be pretty fun).


At this point, my cousin went to bed, so I swapped to thrillers/horror:
The Eclipse, which was billed as horror on Netflix but was actually a surprisingly enthralling well-paced drama with great characters--and a few random jump horror moments tossed in there for no reason I could see.

Imprint, a fairly enjoyable thriller that managed some good tense moments despite seeming a bit low-budget.

Finally, Memory, which I only started. Then I realized I've done nine hours of work since I'd woken up, and I have class this evening. So it's off to bed for me for a max of six hours sleep. During all this movie-time, I crocheted five(?) basic wings (no edging or wire yet), and designed and knitted one phone cozy and most of another. A nicely productive night/morning.


--
Listening to: The evil new fan my mom bought, which I will only let live because it's so darn hot in this room. The sound is boring into my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!