Monday, May 21, 2012

mid-may goals recap

All right, rather than trying to catch up on (what feels like) months of missed blogging, I'll just jump in today as if nothing happened. Kinda like I tried to do for my 366 project, which has flickered out yet again.

Rewrite (at least) one of my novels.

I've decided this is a June goal, since that's when the createspace offer from last year's NaNo expires. So, I haven't made any progress on this front recently. I finished another novel though, and at 48k words it's definitely my shortest. Might be a good one to start a rewrite on.

I could have been working on it this month, but I was planning to do Story a Day in May. That's also kind of fizzled out. I suppose I could still try for it this last week, but I have almost no motivation to do so. I feel kind of blah overall, regarding my writing. :/

Finish my fanfic.
Well, I wrote and published a few more chapters. But it isn't finished yet.

Weekly Artist Dates/walk more often.
Yeah, about that. I have gone walking a few times, and spent some time in my garden. But even with the gorgeous weather, far too much of my time is spent in the computer chair. I blame the fact that outside there are hornets and barking dogs.

Design a large knitting pattern.
Haven't really made any progress on this front.

Stock my etsy shop, and keep it that way.
Hmm. Nope. Though I got a sewing machine for my birthday, and with it, more ideas of things to make and sell. But for some reason, ideas don't work to stock an etsy shop. Couldn't I list them under 'supplies'?

Blog more often. And manage my online presence.
I keep wondering why this is even a goal. Do I /have/ to have an online presence, just because the possibility exists? Then I remember that I want to be an author in this day and age. Darn it.

Clean the house.
I have been seriously thinking about this one. Strangely enough though, that hasn't been helping anything get cleaner. Maybe I need to work on my telepathic abilities. Or, you know, actually lift a finger to do more than click the mouse keys.




Maybe this is why I was avoiding my blog. Kinda depressing. Not that I haven't been doing things of worth lately, just apparently not the things on this list.


--
Listening to: my idiot rats squeaking and fighting over food. Because they're lovable little morons like that.

1 comment:

  1. Don't despair Dany!! You have a lot of goals, but one thing at a time. I think you overwhelm yourself and then get depressed about it. I do it too, don't stress. Just remember, one thing at a time. You're very talented in so many things and I think it's easy to get overwhelmed. Don't forget, you're awesome!

    --Sam

    ReplyDelete

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!