Sunday, September 11, 2011

snippets - week one

A new 'feature' I'm trying out on my blog is posting little snippets of what I've written each day (since I'm once again trying for a daily writing goal). However, posting one every day would be a pain, so I'll be putting a group of them up once a week (probably on Sunday nights, since I say the week starts on Monday). This is probably the best way to see what I'm working on, and I'll try not to put up any major spoilers for my stories. :)

So here's this week's writing snippets! All writing is copyright (C) Danica West and not to be reused without permission. Though it's all first draft stuff, so why anyone would steal it is beyond me. :D



9/5 - didn't write

9/6 -  She turned away from the breeze, and the dark thoughts that now accompanied it, to find the man standing in her doorway.
"Ever hear of knocking?" she asked, startled, and though she felt her heart should be pounding, the tick of the clockpiece in her chest stayed as regular as, well, clockwork.

9/7 -  She sat on her bed with a vengeful whumpf and considered the dusty wallpaper.  Watch the house, he said.  Watch it turn to rot seemed to be a more apt description.

9/8 -  Her mind still in the sort of dreaming hours of poetry induced, she found it very easy to just stare at the horizon until the sun sank below it, putting the scene before her into words assembled as haltingly as she'd read aloud.

9/9 - didn't write

9/10 -   Though she didn't remember many details, she knew she'd dreamt deeply, and she felt as if the very act of contented dreaming had recharged her mind.  Colors seemed clearer in the dim room, edges sharper.

9/11 -   A spare parts heart. Cerys found she liked that; it was poetic, in its own way.  Then the full meaning of what he'd said sunk in.

--
Listening to: Truce by The Dresden Dolls. I had no clue this song was about 9/11, and yet it was the first song I listened to today. Crazy coincidences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!