Friday, August 27, 2010

Willow Kitteh

Hmm, I've been updating fairly often. Does that mean I should change the name? Nah, I think I'll leave it as a precaution against later inevitable non-posting.

Today, I was in a relationship for four hours, but I'm not going to post about that here, so instead I'll talk about my kitten Willow. I'm trying to leash train her, which is going pretty well; she comes to my writing group every Thursday and gets passed around and loved, which since she loves being the center of attention, she's fine with. She doesn't like the car as much, because she feels secure while on my shoulders and she can't sit there very easily if I sit in the front seat, but if I sit in the back she can perch on the back of the seat and balance against the back of my neck. She's very cute like that, and she likes to watch the cars around us. I have to wonder what the people in the other cars think when they see her. You just don't see cats on leashes very often.

Hmm, that was not very interesting. Maybe some pictures of her would improve this post:


Here she is, on the plum tree in our backyard. She has the most gorgeous blue eyes.


Kitteh poses as art.


This is her the day we got her. So tiny and cute!


She used to be just as little as her toy rat from Ikea!

Okay, so anyway, on to something not related to Willow. Today I found out that my German class is actually immersion, which I'm okay with, even though it definitely takes some getting used to. That, and paying attention. Mein lehrer (my teacher) only speaks Englisch for 10 minutes in the middle of the two hour class to get any clarifications out of the way, and to let us ask questions. I don't get too confused, because she does try to clarify, but it makes it such a shock when I leave the room and am suddenly bombarded with English.

A lot more happened today, but it's not something I really want to blog about. Not a bad experience, just a bit more private than blogging. Though I did find out that some people apparently find me attractive, which kind of blew my mind. I also got some produce fresh from a garden besides my own, which is the next best thing to my garden actually producing anything more than the occasional amazing cherry tomato. And I got some advice on getting my garden to actual produce as well.

My main stress right now, besides thinking about classes, is that I want to go to OVFF, which is the Ohio Valley Filk Festival (I think). However, that would mean I'd miss three days of my German class (maybe two, but probably three), and one of my GLBT studies and People and Cultures of the Southwest. I suppose I could spend a good chunk of the con doing homework, and contact my German teacher way ahead of schedule (it isn't until October 23rd) to get the coursework and make sure it's okay. I don't know. I really want to go, partly for the road trip, partly for the experience of travelling to a new place, and partly just to be involved, but it'll also cost me, the unemployed, around $400. If I can donate plasma twice a week until then, I'll have way more than enough money, though the above doesn't include food, but I have to actually be able to make an appointment and get in, which is the hard part. I think that needs to be taken care of tomorrow, or else I'll just keep putting it off.

But anyway, enough stress now. One more tidbit: I've found out I really like it when someone bites my inner arm. >:D <--evil smiley face

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!