Thursday, August 26, 2010

Poetry Goal

So for the past two years, I've written around 200 poems per year. I think it was actually 240 each, coincidentally enough. But this year, I've only written about 40 poems the whole year, so I'm setting myself a new goal: there's 127 days left in the year; times by two, that's 254. So if I make the goal to write two poems per day, I can make it, leaving room for my inevitable laziness/forgetfulness. Random thoughts were poking me in the brain last night when I was trying to go to sleep, so I already have ideas for today's poems, and yesterday's that I wrote right before going to bed only need to be polished.

127 days from now, I hope not to look back upon this and go, "oh yeah, whatever happened to that goal?"; I want to look back and be happy I completed something I set myself to do for once! So, present self that will become past self, don't make future self curse you once again! :)

I hope to get them all up on Allpoetry too, but that goal is far secondary to my first goal: to just get them written! Warning, may contain copious amounts of German! :D

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, ha ha, ha. Well, /that/ didn't happen! But I wrote a ton for NaNo, so I'll call it good.

    ReplyDelete

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!