Friday, January 2, 2009

Blanket and numerous poems!

I finished the blanket yesterday! Hurray! I'll post pictures later, but I really am impressed. It took a long long time, but it's so warm and cuddly and pretty. It's officially the biggest and most complicated thing I've ever crocheted, so that's exciting too.

Anyway. . . not much else has happened since I posted last. Same lying about the house, crocheting or writing and watching Stargate (blew through seasons 9 and 10 and both new movies in just a few days). Oh, but I figured out that on allpoetry I posted 196 poems in 2007 and 196 poems in 2008. Weird! That's out of a total of 468, five of which are this year, so although I've been on it since my sophomore year of high school (2004), I really wasn't active until the latter part of my senior year. Interesting and useless data there. :)

I know I say this every few months or so, but I'm becoming really comfortable with where I am in my poetry. I can pull pretty interesting lines and ideas just straight off the top of my head, and form some good poems (if I do say so myself) rather quickly. And I like my poems, so that's really all that matters (though it is nice to get appreciation and praise :).

And I've decided this year that I'm going to do the project 365 thing, which is to take a picture every day for a year. My first picture was of the blanket I just finished yesterday. Today I think it's a picture of my cat with my ps2 controller. Not that inspiring or marvelous. . . I'm sure I'll get better at it as the year goes on. I'll be posting the pictures eventually in a separate blog in this account.

The other blog is My eyes of 2009.

Random and rambling as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!