Saturday, December 20, 2008

Something useful? . . . not. And crocheting

Hmm, I know I was going to blog about something. But now that I've logged in and gotten here and everything, I've forgotten what it was. So I'll just talk about my blanket.

I'm currently crocheting a blanket for my sister, mainly because I thought the pattern looked cool. Then, after starting it and telling everyone I was making it, I checked the actual size. It's meant for a queen sized bed. Yeah. . . this could take a while. Thankfully it's all granny stitch, so it's pretty easy, except for the color changing in a few of the squares, which is merely tedious.

Let's see, has anything else happened in my life? I went shopping with my mom for a few hours today, which was fun, except for the whole Saturday before Christmas thing. We first went to Michael's so we could get yarn. A lot of yarn. Eight skeins of it. But it's very nice yarn (called Simply Soft), and is apparently made of 20 percent recycled plastic bottled. Cool. Then we went to about five other places. My legs hurt! And the snow and other drivers made it terrible for driving, but we got it all done with and came home and now we're watching Stargate. :)

Sigh. I really really was going to blog about something useful. Really. Well, when it comes to me. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!