Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Are you KIDDING me?!

So I'm fairly active on allpoetry.com, and I enjoy having all the perks of being a gold member. Problem: I don't have a job right now, so I can't do even the fifteen a month that it costs. Solution: if you're the top commenter of the day, you can win a week of gold membership. I did this on the seventh, and thought the whole "problem solution" thing should end there, but apparently not.

I found out today (the hard way) that you can't win twice in one week. I wasn't sure how much internet time I would have later this week for racking up the comments, so I was going to take the extra precaution of getting another week of gold right now. So I've been on most of the day, commenting and entering contests, like I normally do, slowly working my way up to first, which I accomplished around 12:30 (11:30 Pacific Time).

I thought I was in the clear, but when I checked back the person in second place was still gaining. I then entered into a desperate battle of numbers, but I knew I would win, I just knew. I really quickly read some short poems, gave some good comments, and, yes, managed to slip ahead just before one (midnight Pacific Time). Then, as I'm waiting to celebrate, I get the message "Congratulations on your great comments today! Unfortunately, you already won the top commentor award less than a week ago (on 2008-12-07), so you aren't eligible for an award today. Sorry for the bad news Thanks for being such an active member, and keep up the good work!"

I am not a happy person right now.

3 comments:

  1. Aaaaw! Poor Danica! Keep up the good work on Allpoetry.com though ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. :) Oh well, at least I entered some contests and stuff yesterday, so it wasn't a waste. And lots of people got their poems commented on, and seemed to appreciate it. I'll just get it next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, Danica, will you be my friend?

    ReplyDelete

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!