Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Contest poetry

I feel better now after logging in and having seven messages and 35 notes. Lots of people appreciated my comments (even if allpoetry didn't *pout* :), and many commented on my poems as well.

The real reason I'm posting is for another interesting phenomenon of mine. It seems that most times I find a cool contest and enter a poem I really like, it gets an honorable mention or (more often) nothing. But whenever I kind of halfheartedly enter something just to enter it, it will do well.

Yesterday I entered this contest with a really cool picture, but I just wasn't doing that great on the inspiration, and kind of cranked out what I saw as an unoriginal and boring poem. I sighed, but entered it anyway, thinking I might as well try. And I got silver. :P I've decided the universe likes to torment me. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!