Friday, January 2, 2009

Snow and Driving

Oh, and I forgot to mention that on Christmas we got 2 feet of snow! It was pretty amazing, the biggest snowfall we've had for many a year. Our car got stuck at the bottom of our street. . . and at the top of our street. . . and at the middle of the next street. . . .

So anyway, many a picture was taken of this: of our inflatable lawn penguins being buried, of me shoveling, of the impressive drifts, and of the MOUNTAINS of snow plowed from the Walmart parking lot.

Oh, and going with the driving theme, a few days before Christmas I got in my first accident. I wasn't driving, but I was in the passenger seat, so it was a bit scary. Ice was to blame: we (my friend Sam and I) tried to turn onto a street in my subdivision and the car just slid right into a chainlink fence. Thankfully, we were going very slow, so the chainlink just kind of caught us in a net, and we somehow missed hitting both of the nearby poles, so the car wasn't really damaged either. The worst part was that all the neighbors came to look, and since this was two blocks from my house they all knew me. . . so a bit embarrassing. Plus standing in the freezing cold while the cop filled out the accident report wasn't fun either. But anyway, as first accidents go, it was pretty good: no injuries, minimal damage, a good reason for it. And apparently soon afterward, someone else slid into the same fence, so we can feel less stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!