Saturday, July 12, 2008

One more post before I sleep

Two posts in one day! I could just edit the other one, but this one is on a different subject. Actually, not really. It's just more randomness.

I was all excited, "yay, I have 11 profile views already", when I realized that all those views were me, checking up on everything and making sure it all looked pretty. Darn.

Oh well, I'm not really writing this for comments or to be popular. I enjoy talking to myself, basically, and this accomplishes that very well. And tagging things is fun too.


Oh, how I love the fast click-clacking of laptop keys as I type away. At least this is writing, even if it isn't that new story I started just to get something happening in my life. I was doing really well there for a while, writing 1,500 to 2,000 words per day in it, but at 15 pages (manuscript format) and the end of chapter one, it just kind of died. Although, I do like the story. The voice I tell it in is my more authentic one, rather than my "novelist" voice, which tries to sound intelligent, this is just me, bad metaphors, long sentences and all. It's very freeing writing in that voice, almost like blogging, but I'm creating a new world where a story is told and things happen, as opposed to my tangents and anyways.

And I just noticed something. There's bold and italic, but no underline? Is underline now the Pluto of emphasis marks? It got kicked out for some reason? Hmm, I'll have to ponder on that as well. Or ignore it, like the rest of my randomness.

I have an awesome bruise on my leg right now, from stopping a bike with my lower calf and the pedal. I really do enjoy showing off bruises. Which reminds me, I need to see if I can give blood even with my bellybutton piercing, because then I can hopefully have a cool bruise from that too. And maybe it will get the Red Cross to stop calling me and hounding me for my blood (unlikely).

I have half-rubbed-off sharpie fingernails as well, and I'm loving it. I feel so very junior high, but I love how the black nail polish looks with my pale skin, and sharpies just have a wonderful resonance. I also have the kanji for black (kuro :) written on the back of my left hand, and have decided that it would make a cool tattoo, although it would be painful and I'd get sick of it very fast. Still, it looks cool right now.

I finished my cool Slytherin shawl (crocheted) today, although it would have been done much earlier if I'd had enough yarn (it took more than four skeins!). It's a half moon, so every row got bigger, and it ended with nearly 400 stitches in the last row (it's 37 rows too!). It looks very nice, and I'm pleased that I did it right. My first thing made from a pattern!

As I read over this, I realize it all sounds much more eloquent in my head. Oh well, I'm tired, so it's excusable. I suppose.

All right, that's enough rambling for now. I'll end this extremely long post with nothing but a note saying I'm ending this extremely long post.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, someone read your blog. Of course I'm just doing it to put off rewriting my story, but what the hay?

    I like your randomness. I tried to be "relevant" in my blogging on LiveJournal, and then decided to trash that idea. No one reads it anyway, so I might as well just put anything I want to there. So I see you figured that out too!

    Yay for finishing your shawl. Dianna thought it would take at least one more skein of black, but I guess it didn't. She apologized for not keeping the "how many skeins" part on the pattern, but was impressed that you'd undertaken to make one of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha... I read your blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!