Wednesday, November 23, 2011

NaNo days 21-23 (11k day!)

I was about 1000 words under my goal on Monday, and by the time I got home from school on Tuesday (about 5) I was so beat I couldn't even think about my novel.  Several hours of art homework later (of the "it's due tomorrow" variety), and I went to bed early, deciding that maybe I should get more than 5 hours of sleep at least one night this week.  So nothing for the 22nd.

However, I have the rest of today to myself, so I'm aiming for 1k an hour until midnight.  With my average typing speed, that's about 20 minutes out of every hour, which I'm sure I can easily find--so long as I don't procrastinate too much or get dreadfully stuck. If all goes well, that will give me (at least) a 10k day, putting me back on track for 100k.

Then I just hope to keep my daily 4202 goal through the two Thanksgiving dinners I have this weekend (one for each side of the family).



So, fellow writers and Wrimos, do you have any goals for the Thanksgiving weekend? Plans to deal with family snooping over your shoulder? Awkwardness writing erotica while sitting next to grandma at the dinner table? Taking a break from writing entirely? The comments section wants to know!

--
Listening to: They're Taking the Hobbits To Isengard (10 hour version).
I realized that if I'm writing all day, I could conceivably listen to the entire thing.
. . .
There's something wrong with me. :D

--

Updates: 

3:58 - 2 hours of endless hobbits, and I'm pulling the plug for now. May revisit later, but for now I'm saving the full 10 hours for a time when I can listen without headphones--maybe during the Skyrim marathon I'm planning to celebrate the end of NaNo/fall semester. Listening is bad enough--having it piped directly into my brain is cruel and unusual.  2758 words

5:05 - Just as I think I'm working through the climax of my novel, I realize that I actually just opened it up to add an entire new section after this. It'll be good for the story, I'm sure--I just hope I can still tie it all up before the end of the month! 4410 words

6:30 - Just got back from a nice 40 minute walk with my mom--good for stimulating my brain into being creative again.  Then we ran up to Walmart to grab a few things for tomorrow--too bad everyone else in the neighborhood had the same idea! So now I'm thankful for speedy self-checkout!

8:06 - Wow! Big word boost in the last hour and a half, and so much crazy stuff has happened that I never expected when I sat down to write today. Sometimes I love being a discovery writer--I get to have just as much fun finding out what happens next as my readers will! 7398 words

9:20 - 2k ahead of schedule now, and looking to finish out my 10k soon. Instead of continuing all the way 'til midnight, I think I'll find a good place to tie it up for today and stop then. But for now, dinner break! 9461 words

9:46 - Woot! 10k day achieved! Now to waste some time online before going to bed with the warm feeling of accomplishment. :D 10,284 words

10:10 - Wrapping it up added nearly 1000 more words, and now I'm loving my story more than ever. Hurray for 11k day! 11,140 words today, for a total of 72,756.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!