Friday, November 4, 2011

NaNo day 3 - bad NaNo person

It's NaNo day 4 today, but I have a confession to make about yesterday. I'm a bad NaNo person. I told myself I wouldn't do this this year, but then I did.

See, the thing is, Thursday was really busy, and I had almost literally no time to write between running errands and going to classes and writers' group. So when I got home, I told myself I would write my 4k before going to bed, but most likely after midnight. And because I wanted my graph to be pretty . . . I kinda posted that 4k before I wrote it. And then, the thing is, I didn't write it.

It's shameful. I have an overly inflated wordcount right now, and actually, it really sucks. Just sticking an extra 4k on there gives me no real feeling of happiness, but I'd love to post the 1k I've managed all day. But I can't. Because it's less than what I have on the site right now. Sigh.

And I ended up messing up my graph anyway, because I haven't written anything for today. I haven't yet even caught up to my fake 4k from yesterday. Let that be a lesson to me.

I will catch up before I go to bed! Hopefully. With yesterday. Though at this rate (up since 10, no real obligations, and 1395 words to show for it) I may not even get 50k this year, let alone my insane goal. Mega Sigh.

It's not fair to hit the week two pain this early in the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!