Sunday, January 2, 2011

starting the new year

So for a start to the new year, yesterday was both good and bad. I was actually quite productive: I finished my Alice in Wonderland ravelry swap project--which looks awesome and I'm very proud of--and made a penguin phone cozy for my mom and a rabbit phone cozy for my sister. And yet, I was still randomly depressed all day. I think that it was a good example of the fact that my moods often have little to no correlation with my actions because I actually have my sleep schedule back to normal and I had an enjoyable day, but I still felt like just curling up and crying.

But anyway, that's boring, so I'll talk about something else now. For the past few years, I've made resolutions to do all kinds of things for the new year--to write more, to be less lazy, to focus more on my studies and get better grades, to finally figure out what I want to do with my life--and every time, I fail utterly, and am depressed for most of January after the first week doesn't meet my expectations. So this year, I made no such resolutions. I would love for all of those things to happen, but those are ongoing goals, and I'm not going to try and force the change just because the year felt like changing. I need to be the one to feel like changing.

Also, I got to level 79 on my priest, and my hunter is at 83. :D

1 comment:

  1. I get randomly depressed also. . . and as for new years resolutions, I'm not doing that either. I'm making changes, but I've been working on it for a while, and it will continue into the new year. It will be a most excellent year. Hopefully yours goes well also and if you decide to change, that it is for the best and works out for you :D (I'm a creepy stalker lol)

    ReplyDelete

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!