Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I did it. Wow.






At the beginning of November, I really wanted to start this, but it was still kind of just a "yeah, I'll get a few pages out, get some ideas, but abandon it halfway through like everything else I do". I never quite believed that I would make it, even when I was staying a week ahead of schedule, and especially not when I spent three days writing nothing (twice). But I did it! I wrote 50,000 words in 25 days.

Now my goal is to actually finish this story. If I do that, it will be the first novel I've ever finished. That's my new goal, and I think it'll probably be much much harder. But I won NaNoWriMo almost a week ahead of schedule. Right now, I feel like I can do anything. This would make a great patronus moment, if you know what I mean. :) Yay!!

Oh, and I got ahead of my mom again. :) Bob, you're next!! (I can dream, right?)

And, in the way I do things, I wrote a poem about my success. For Once at Allpoetry.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! well done!!!
    What was the story about, you're an amazing writer to win a competition! Good luck with writing the rest of your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story is kind of very random. . . :) It's about magic, with some darker stuff like necromancy thrown in there. 0_o not quite sure why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! Sounds cool! You're awesome ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!