Friday, March 9, 2012

february goals recap


Rewrite (at least) one of my novels.
I've been focusing more on writing lately--trying to finish one WIP before starting in on a sequel for my second finished novel, since my writers' group is doing our own NaNoWriMo in March. Maybe I'll take the summer to focus more on this goal?

Finish my fanfic.
Yeah, just 'cause I said I was writing, doesn't mean it was this . . . sorry story alert peeps.

Weekly Artist Dates/walk more often.
Bah. Maybe I need to keep these goals in a place where I can see them more often, so I can remember what they are. Because I'd totally forgotten I even wanted to do this.

Design a large knitting pattern.
Well, I've been 'designing' small knitting patterns--though it's more like adapting, I suppose. Still, it's been trial and error and experimentation.

Stock my etsy shop, and keep it that way.
I actually did start cranking through a skein of yarn to see how much it costs me in yarn per set of wings. But not much beyond that on this front.

Blog more often. And manage my online presence.
Ha! Well, I tweeted a bit, but that's about it.

Clean the house.
Before it snowed again, I cleaned the backyard; does that count? Yeah, I thought not.


All right, so what I've learned from this is I need to have my goals somewhere I can see them daily, because otherwise I get distracted, and it's amazing how fast days turn into weeks turn into months. And I've been slipping lately, so far as managing my time well--I need to start paying attention to that again.


--
Listening to: the soundtrack for Ink--I'm so happy I found this on Spotify, especially since Netflix took Ink off of streaming. I love this movie. It's a really strange, really interesting and moving story, and the music is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!