Sunday, November 28, 2010

NaNo 2010!

Hmm. I can't believe I haven't written in my blog for all of November! Shame on me; this is supposed to be my writing blog, after all. I'll just say I've been crazy busy with school and NaNoWriMo, and have been trying to ignore most of the internet.

So anyway, I hit 50k on day 10 this year, chasing after my cousin bobtheenchantedone, who hit it a few days earlier even than that. My biggest day I wrote 14,755 words--which was my first Sunday--and last Sunday I wrote 11,405 words, so not shabby at all! I'm making 'Epic Sundays' a part of my NaNo experience from now on, where I either try to write at least 10,000 words, or the equivalent of 1000 words an hour from waking up (after sleeping in) to bed. This started out as I tried to catch up to bob, and had my crazy 15k day (though she updated right before midnight with about 200 words, thus beating me for the day. . . gah!). The second Sunday I did 8k words, which is close enough to epic to count, says I (esp since I did 5k the day before).


I hit 100k on day 21, which is 4 days earlier than my 50k the first year I tried NaNo (2008), and 9 days earlier than my 100k for last year. And I haven't stopped yet; my goal this year is to finish my novel, not just to hit 50 or 100k.

I'm also very proud of myself because I've been managing my goal of 3000 words a day every single day this month! That started out as 3334, the minimum needed to hit 100k in 30 days, but my epic Sundays made it so I only have to write 3000 a day, and I like having that round number.

So anyway, I have another epic Sunday in store later today, in which I hope to get almost to the end of my novel. I thought I was very close to being done, but then the guy who I thought was the bad guy turned out to be a misguided good guy, and the real bad guy is someone I thought was good, and therefore gave the power of a god. Oops. :) So now I don't know how close I am to the end, but I'm definitely over 2/3rds of the way.

Oh, and bob stalled out at 70k, so I've just been keeping my goal and racing myself. I'm second out of everyone in the Utah Official Wordwar, and there's no way I'm going to catch number one (who has around 160k right now), so I'm good with a clear second, since the next closest person is at least 20k behind me. Hey, last year I ended as 2nd out of Elsewhere (my team), so 2nd out of everyone is good enough for me! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!