Sunday, November 30, 2014

Last day of NaNo 2014


I'm starting the day at 36220 words. Yep, nearly 14k words to go to hit 50k. Not as bad as last year. And a much more believable goal now that I've remembered to take my Prozac, unlike yesterday. Oops.

I'll try to check in roughly every hour with what I'm at, what I'm listening to, and how it's going. So:

At around 8:15 I'd just added 1022 words, making my new total 37242. Now that I have this post set up, let's kick that in the butt before 9:00 rolls around.


9:02 37875
I shouldn't talk so loudly about wanting to kick things in the butt. Because then my computer freezes up and I have to twiddle my thumbs instead of writing while it gets its brain back together. If my gremlins are quite finished (ha), I hope to get more done in the next hour, while I still have the fire of this first wind at my back. Mixing metaphors is good for you.

9:57 39466
That's more like it. And I managed to take a moment of 'um, why would these entirely different species understand each other' and turn it into calculated plot! Take that, NaNo induced oversight!

10:58 40582
Even with the distraction of making breakfast, I made my 1000/hour goal with fifteen minutes to spare for the hour. I then petted cats. Story-wise, I killed off a much-loved character and made my MC look like the one to blame. Tee hee hee.

12:01 41323
Less this hour, mainly because people woke up and then I socialized and poked at my computer instead of writing. But a sprint right at the end with my mom at least got me above 5000 words for the day. Onward and upward, and into the next hour!

12:56 41462
First I stared at the screen . . . then I made breakfast sandwiches for everyone. Then my mom farted and I laughed and died.

2:00 42347
I've gone from action to reaction, and am definitely feeling it in my wordcount. Not to mention that this is the most I've written all month, and my brain thinks I should get a rest now. But I work at 4 tomorrow morning, and if I want to get /any/ sleep, I have to keep writing. Bah.

2:57 43435
I just want to go to sleep. Not write for what will likely be another seven hours, if this trend of 1000/hour keeps up. And all night if I can't manage that much. Damn past Danica and her damn depression. At least I'm getting places in my plot. Kind of.

8:54 44312
I took a bit of a break, that turned into an hour gone. Then an hour of staring at the screen being depressed. Then a three hour nap. Now I'm back to staring at the screen. Guuuuuuuuhhhhhhhghghg.

9:54 45350
Bluuuurrghl urghly burgh blurgh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!