Thursday, November 1, 2012

Na-Na-Na-No

As sung by Lady Gaga, of course.

But yes, I'm doing NaNo this year, of course. At this point, I really can't picture my year without it. I would be totally lost in the month of November. And it's been a very sub-par year for writing (deciding to put a lot of focus on majoring in Illustration and starting a small business will do that, apparently), so I'm hoping to make up for that. Not with an impressive wordcount, as in years past, (although that would be nice too), but by finishing another novel during NaNo. That felt way cooler even than my 135k year. I like that feeling. I'm a bit addicted to it. And March was the last time I got my fix.

So I've already written nearly 5k words on my chosen WIP. My goal for day 1 is 10k--I want to start this month with a BANG. I'm not sure when/if I'll sleep. My teeth have that slightly icky drank-too-much-cola feel to them, but the need for mouthwash is worth the extra caffeine.

Anyway, I'm going to get back to my novel writing instead of my blog writing, but like my twitter, this is about the only time of the year that my blog gets some serious attention, so this certainly won't be the last you'll hear for me. (dun dun dun--famous last words?)


And then this happened in my head (to the tune of Bad Romance, of course):
"I'm gonna write 'til I hit 50k,
This whole month is NaNoWriMo time.
I'll only 'member to eat once a day,
This whole month is NaNoWriMo time.
Na-Na-Na-No."

etc.


--
Listening to: Don Giovanni, K. 527, Act 2: "Don Giovanni, a cenar teco m'invistasti". Spotify radio make me sound all cultured and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stir up the dust--leave a comment, start a discussion, or tell me about your cats!